Slow cooker butternut squash risotto. Home » Recipes » Slow Cooker Recipes » Side Dish Recipes » Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Risotto. I went to a fancy schmancy restaurant once a few years ago and felt so sophisticated ordering the butternut squash risotto they had on special. And stirred into this slow cooker butternut squash risotto, it provides all the rich cheesiness you (or your resident picky eater) crave with way less fat.
Ingredients of Slow cooker butternut squash risotto
- It’s 1 of large leek.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of and quarter cup of Arborio rice.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare half of medium butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of small courgette.
- Prepare 1 litre of stock (I used vegetable bouillon).
- You need of dried mixed herbs – rosemary, thyme, basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard.
- Prepare 100 g of gran pedano cheese.
- Prepare of small knob of butter (optional).
- You need of plenty of salt and black pepper to season.
- Prepare of fresh basil to serve (optional).
This Easy Butternut Squash Risotto Recipe is flavorful, delicious, and cooked entirely in the Instant Pot! Made with sweet cubes of butternut squash, fresh Butternut squash is my favorite part of the fall and winter seasons. We love risotto, it's one of those meals that make you feel like you're eating Keywords: Butternut Squash Risotto, easy risotto recipes, healthy risotto, risotto recipe You can also make this risotto in the Pressure Cooker! Just add cheese after it is done in the cooker!
Slow cooker butternut squash risotto instructions
- Mix olive oil and Arborio rice in slow cooker so that rice is fully coated..
- Mix in garlic, leek, courgette and squash..
- Add the stock, mustard and herbs and stir well..
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for up to 4 hours. Alternatively, you can start the cooking on high for an hour and then turn it down if its starting to absorb the liquid too quickly. Stir once or twice during cooking to check its not sticking..
- Just before serving, add the gran pedano cheese and season well..
- Serve with torn fresh basil leaves and a little more gran pedano. As an alternative, this can be a side dish served with a rocket salad or pan fried salmon. Its also lovely with some crispy, fried slivers of parma ham!.
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash: a simple side dish recipe for butternut squash in the slow cooker that can be prepped in minutes. As you know, I appreciate Costco. Learn how to make butternut squash risotto with our simple recipe video. This butternut squash recipe produces a rich warming flavour and is the Bring the stock to the boil and then gradually add it to the risotto, stirring the risotto well, until the rice is just cooked. Stir in the diced squash and garlic and cook for a further min.