Oven baked vegetarian risotto. This vivid risotto is simply baked in the oven, so there's no need to spend lots of time at the stove stirring. Oven-baked risotto requires a Dutch oven for fluid movement between stovetop and oven. Dutch ovens have a heavy bottom that delivers even, constant heat.
Ingredients of Oven baked vegetarian risotto
- Prepare 300 g of arborio rice.
- It’s 500 ml of stock.
- It’s 300 ml of tomato passata.
- Prepare 200 g of mozzarella.
- You need 50 g of Parmesan.
- It’s of Chopped onion.
- It’s of Small chopped courgette (optional).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Sliced tomato.
Risotto and paella rice are not suitable. The mushroom risotto has been a classic for decades, and this one is quick, easy and super filling. Boasting the earthy flavours of the mushrooms, and loaded with their healthy nutrients, it's a tasty option for the whole family. Spray a baking dish (I like to use a lasagna pan).
Oven baked vegetarian risotto instructions
- Par boil rice for 7-8 mins. Drain and set aside. Chop onion and fry gently in oil. Add chopped courgette and cook for 5-6 mins..
- Add rice, stir well. Add stock and passata. Add salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped mozzarella..
- Transfer to oven proof dish. Top with sliced tomato and Parmesan. Bake at 200 for about 30 mins. Rest for 10 mins before serving :).
Once oven is at temperature, place baking dish in oven to heat. Unlike stove-top risottos, this oven-baked version requires hardly any stirring. Substitute vegetable broth and you have a wonderful vegetarian dish. The leftovers are to die for. Oven-Baked Risotto. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.