Deep fried pizza dough balls. How to Make DEEP FRIED PIZZA Sweet Fried Pizza Dough Balls – Recipe. Italians are crazy about pizza and, when it comes to Carnival time, also about frying pretty much everything.
Ingredients of Deep fried pizza dough balls
- It’s 500 g of plain flour.
- It’s 25 g of fresh yeast.
- You need 500 ml of warm water.
- Prepare of Oil for frying (sunflower, veg).
- Prepare of Salt and dried herbs (I like thyme or rosemary).
Fried pizza balls are easy to make with store-bought dough. Each one is stuffed with pepperoni and cheese for a fun bite-sized pizza snack. This recipe idea came from DH. Earlier this month, he was putting away some leftover pizza and contemplated how it would taste deep fried.
Deep fried pizza dough balls instructions
- Mix yeast in water and gently add to flour. Mix constantly. The final consistency should be quite runny. Leave to rise for about 90 mins.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok on a medium low flame. Using 2 spoons, scoop the dough into the oil and fry until lightly golden. These will need to be done in batches.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately, adding salt and dried herbs of your choice..
Deep Fried Pizza "Donuts": What could be better than pizza? Deep fried Mini Calzone balls with fluffy, yet crispy donut-like breading, That's what. The flattened dough should be about the diameter of a softball. Sprinkle on more flour if needed to keep from sticking. Using wire skimmer or metal slotted spoon, transfer doughnuts to Did you know?