Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Tenders and Perfect Potato Skins.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Tenders and Perfect Potato Skins
- Prepare 2 of Baking Potatoes.
- You need 100 ml of Milk.
- It’s 3 Slices of Streaky Bacon.
- It’s 2 of Spring Onions.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Creme Fraiche.
- You need 200 g of grated Cheddar Cheese.
- You need of Sliced Mozzarella.
- You need 400 g of Chicken Thighs.
- It’s of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 4 tsp of Chicken/Cajun Spice.
- It’s 100 g of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 300 ml of Buttermilk.
Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Tenders and Perfect Potato Skins instructions
- Put your baking potatoes in the oven for 2 hrs 30 minutes at 160 Degrees.
- Slice your chicken thighs into finger shaped strips. Place in a bowl and coat them all in the buttermilk. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge for 2 hours minimum..
- Once crispy, remove from the oven. Cut each potato in half and scoop out the potato and add to a mixing bowl..
- Add the milk, grated cheddar, salt and pepper to the mix and mash like you are making mashed potato.
- Once mashed, spoon the mix evenly back into the empty potato skin boats..
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until golden brown..
- Layer the mozzarella onto the skins, then sprinkle over the bacon bits. Then put back into the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
- As soon as the potatoes are back in the oven. Take your buttermilk chicken thighs out of the oven. Coat in flour, then egg. Blitzed the spiced breadcrumb mix (I use a slice of bread, cajun spice, salt and pepper for mine, but I like mine hot) and coat with that last. Repeat the process until all your tenders are covered..
- Either shallow fry in a pan on each side until golden brown or if you like them like me, put them in an air fryer for 16 minutes at 200 degrees. Turning half way..
- About 3 minutes before the chicken is finished. Take the potatoes out of the oven and the add a generous dollop of creme fraiche and chopped spring onion. Add the chicken tenders to the plate and enjoy with your choice of dips!!.
- Make sure to give me a follow and check out some of my other dishes at https://www.instagram.com/thisdadcooks_/.