Grilled Chicken Sandwich.
Ingredients of Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- You need 1 lb of chicken tenders or chicken breast sliced into 1/2 inch strips.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion sliced into 1/2inch slices. keep the the rings intact for easier grilling.
- Prepare 1 of roasted red pepper cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 packages of of arugula.
- Prepare 4 slice of of pepper jack cheese.
- It’s 4 of ciabatta rolls.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich instructions
- preheat your grill to medium high for 10 min.
- slice ciabatta rolls in half and drizzle with olive oil. season with salt & pepper.
- grill rolls until toasted & golden brown.
- season both sides of onion slices with salt, pepper & oregano. drizzle with olive oil.
- grill onions on both sides just until they have grill marks. about 2 min per side and remove to aluminum foil.
- place onions, rossted pepper strips and garlic onto aluminum foil & fold ends together to form a packet.
- place packet on the grill while you make the chicken.
- season chicken with salt , pepper & oregano. drizzle with olive oil.
- grill chicken on each side until an internal temp of 165º and they have nice grill marks.
- remove chicken & onion/red pepper packet.
- while chicken is resting, roughly chop onions & peppers.
- place 2 to 3 chicken strips on the bottom half of each roll & top with a slice of cheese on each.
- place on a baking sheet & put them back on the grill until the cheese melts.
- remove sandwiches to plates and top with onion/pepper mixture and a handful of arugula.