Grown Up Mac n Cheese. Ina's grown-up mac and cheese features Cheddar, Roquefort and Gruyere. Looking for a sophisticated way to indulge your mac 'n cheese cravings? These recipes appeal to the adult palate.
Ingredients of Grown Up Mac n Cheese
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of grated parmesan.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of shredded mozzarella.
- You need 1/4 Cup of white cheddar shredded.
- It’s Dash of black pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh basil.
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Dan Becker. This is the best and easiest mac and cheese recipe. This is a "grown up" macaroni and cheese recipe with bacon and tomato that just adds to the flavor, though it's a kid-friendly recipe, too. And this is why I call this a grown up mac and cheese, because it is a bit healthier and it has veggies, though this is not to say that a kid couldn't enjoy this dish.
Grown Up Mac n Cheese instructions
- Melt butter and add milk.
- Once milk is hot slowly stir in cheddar, then mozzarella, then the parmesan. Cook on medium low until fully melted and incorporated..
- Pour sauce over preferred pasta. Garnish with pepper and fresh chopped basil.
I'm pretty sure kids would love this, they wouldn't even be able to tell the pasta is whole wheat, or that there are onions and green peppers. I served our mac and cheese with thyme-stewed Roma tomatoes canned over the summer (BY MYSELF), though you will most likely pop Everyone in my house was very comforted with mac and cheese for grown-ups. We hugged, AND I managed to clean out the cheese drawer before Christmas. Our creamy stovetop mac and cheese is about as easy as opening a box—and a whooooole lot more delicious. If pasta still needs a few more minutes to cook, turn off heat under your sauce, cover pot, and keep warm.