Lite Eggplant Parmesan (meal or sandwich) with easy homemade sauce..
Ingredients of Lite Eggplant Parmesan (meal or sandwich) with easy homemade sauce.
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh basil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 clove of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 of chipotle pepper (optional), chopped and reconstituted with warm water. drain before adding to sauce..
- You need 1 large of eggplant.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fat free mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of 2% mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 4 oz of fat free ricotta.
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites (approx).
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh baby spinach.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped mushrooms.
Lite Eggplant Parmesan (meal or sandwich) with easy homemade sauce. step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F..
- peel eggplant and slice in half horizontally from top. Slice eggplant into thin slices approximately 1/2" thick and about 3-4" long. think steak fry size..
- dredge eggplant into egg whites then toss into bread crumbs..
- line eggplant slices flat on pan covered with foil and Pam..
- bake for 20 minutes, flip and cook another 10 minutes. keep foil..
- while cooking eggplant, prepare sauce. combine tomatoes, vinegar, pre-soaked chipotle peppers, basil and garlic..
- combine all 3 cheeses in a separate bowl..
- combine ingredients alternating sauce, eggplant, cheese, spinach and mushrooms until all combined. make sure to top with cheese..
- cover with foil from earlier and bake for 30 minutes..