Chicken Parmesan with Homemade Red Sauce. Put the olive oil in a saucepan on. Chicken Parmesan is a tasty dish made even more delicious by the addition of this herb-filled red sauce. Both elements of this dish are quick and easy to prepare Preparing the sauce a day ahead allows the sauce to settle and overall taste better!
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan with Homemade Red Sauce
- Prepare of pasta.
- You need 1 box of of thin spaghetti noodles.
- It’s of red sauce.
- You need 2 of whole garlic cloves diced.
- Prepare 3 of onions diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 bunch of fresh basil chopped. add to your liking. the more the better..
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 can of tomatoe paste.
- You need 2 pinch of sugar.
- You need 6 can of whole tomatoes.
- Prepare of chicken parm.
- You need 1 of italian seasoned crumbled breadcrumb.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 cup of fresh cut parm cheese.
- You need 1 of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 of salt pepper.
- You need 6 piece of of chicken breast boneless.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooking oil.
- You need 1 of oregano.
- It’s 1 of chopped parsley.
Chicken Parmesan is thought to have originated from Eggplant Parmesan, a traditional Italian recipe! Traditionally, chicken parm is a fried breaded chicken breast topped with marinara sauce and melted cheese. The homemade marinara sauce makes a BIG difference. Make chicken: Prepare breading station with three large mixing bowls: one bowl with panko, garlic powder, and Parmesan mixed with a fork; another with the egg mixture; and the third bowl with flour.
Chicken Parmesan with Homemade Red Sauce step by step
- Before we start I just want to make it clear, all ingredients can be adjusted to your liking, such as you can add more herbs or reduce the amount, you can add more onions and garlic or reduce etc. I just suggest that you taste your sauce as you go and see what you like best 🙂 Dice your onion and garlic cloves and set aside. Pour into a kettle your olive oil and get hot. Once oil is hot add in your onions and garlic. Cook on medium for about 5 mins until onions are clear and transparent. Then you will need to take your tomatoes and drain out excess juice into a bowl as you may need if your sauce is to thick for your liking. Then take tomatoes and put them in a blender and puree them ( they will look foamy). Once blended pour the tomatoe puree into the kettle with the onions and the garlic. Then add in one can of tomato paste. Stir in. Then lightly chopped your basil and throw in the sauce . Add salt and pepper and oregano to taste and add a small pinch of sugar. Give it a stir. N.
- Slice all chicken breast long ways down the center. Pound out the chicken with a meat pounder until about 1/2 inch thick. I use wax or parch paper to wrap the chicken in while I pound the chicken. This prevents it from sticking. Pound lighty until you get the hang of it. Once pounded out you can cut them in half to make good portion size or leave it whole if you like but they will be very large pieces of chicken if so. Now beat your eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. In a separate bowl your bread crumbs. Make sure oil is hot in your frying pan. Take the chicken pieces and dip in eggs and milk then dredge them into the breading on each side fully covered in bread crumbs and fry them until golden brown on both sides. You dont want them to be FULLY cooked as you will finish them off in the oven. Once they are browned remove them from the pan and lay on paper towel to drain oil..
- In a baking pan ( like a cake pan or something wide to fit all the chicken in side by side. I also cover the pan with Grill Foil to prevent any sticking from the breading of the chicken, Grill foil is the best as it doesnt allow sticking) take some sauce and layer the bottom of panlightly just to coat it with some of the sauce. Place your pieces of chicken on the sauce. Spoon more sauce over the chicken as you like. Not to heavy though. Then layer the parmesan cheese on each chicken piece. Then cover and bake for 20 mins on 375. After 20 mins uncover and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the chicken and then some parsley over the cheese and broil the top so the cheese is nicely toasted. I usually start on a low broil to melt and then once done turn on high broil to give the nice golden brown on the cheese. Just watch and keep an eye on it!.
- Once the chicken is done broiling, cover and set in oven on low warm so the cheese stays melted. Then boil your thin spaghetti noodles and once cooked then drain them. I let mine set to assure all water is off. Once drained place back in your boiling pan and I then take a couple tablespoons of oilive oil and toss in the noodles and then about 3 to 4 ladel dippers full of the red sauce and add in the noodles and toss it to mix. You can eyeball this for how much noodles you have to how much sauce you like. Then take the chicken out of the oven..
- Combine the perfet meal by taking pieces of chicken and lay on the plate. You can add more red sauce if you want on the chicken ( I would add to the side as it would cover your beautiful chicken and we dont want to do that!) ..I do cause the sauce is AMAZING. Then place some noodles on the plate beside the chicken or you can put noodels first and chicken on top. Which ever you like! Mmmmmmm heaven has arrived. People all over are asking me for this recipe so follow this step by step and you will succeed and you will never buy precanned or pre made marinara or spaghetti sauce again lol..enjoy ..tell me how you like it and picssssssss.
This really is the ultimate easy chicken parmesan recipe with baked breaded chicken, two cheeses, fresh basil, and marinara sauce. How to make the ultimate chicken parmesan! Gooey cheese and fresh basil tops crisp breaded chicken breasts lying on a bed of light marinara sauce. Bring home the famous taste of Rao's Homemade® Tomato Basil Sauce. Chicken Breasts With Creamy Parmesan Sauce.