Garlic Caprese Salad.
Ingredients of Garlic Caprese Salad
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh mozzarella.
- You need 3/4 oz of fresh basil; chiffonade.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes.
- You need 2 head of garlic; peeled.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 pinch of of salt and pepper.
Garlic Caprese Salad step by step
- Place tomatoes and garlic in a cold saucepan. Add the basil stems. Cover with olive oil. Heat slowly below a simmer until garlic is caramelized, about an hour. Store at room temperature for a multitude of different uses!.
- Dress garlic, mozzarella, half the basil, and tomatoes with very minimal oil. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with rest of basil..
- Variations; Marinated tomatoes, smoked mozzarella, smoked paprika, parsley, croutons, romaine, arugala, shallots, romaine, spinach, mache, pomegranate seeds, faux caviar.