Mozzarella Chicken Rolls.
Ingredients of Mozzarella Chicken Rolls
- Prepare 2 lb of thinly sliced skinless chicken breasts ( 8 4oz pieces).
- You need 1 cup of italian style bread crumbs.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 5 oz of chopped fresh baby spinach.
- You need 8 slice of chopped bacon.
- You need 1 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 2/3 cup of ricotta.
- Prepare 8 slice of fresh mozzarella slices.
- You need 1 of jar favorite marinara sauce.
- You need 1 of fresh chopped basil.
Mozzarella Chicken Rolls instructions
- If the chicken is not already thinly sliced, prep by pounding the chicken until thin enough for quick cooking..
- Prep the filling: Chop the bacon and fry until almost crisp, add the chopped onion and saute until soft. Drain the grease and add the garlic and chopped spinach, saute for just a couple of minutes to wilt spinach..
- Combine ricotta, parmesan and spinach mixture and set aside..
- Assemble the chicken: Oil the bottom of a large baking dish and preheat oven to 450°F..
- Place 2 tbsp spinach mixture in center of chicken breast, roll up and place seam down in baking dish. Repeat for remaining pieces. Sprinkle each piece with bread crumbs..
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes until crispy browned and cooked through..
- Spoon 1-2 tbsp of marinara on each breast and cover with slice of mozzarella and sprinkle with fresly chopped basil. Return to a hot oven just until marinara heated and cheese is melted..
- Note: leave a little space between breasts so each are covered with crumbs and all get good and crispyfied perfectly. :-).
- Pairs wonderfully with my Roasted Bacon Onion Veggies and Brussels Sprouts and either of my Risotto recipes. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361178-parmesan-risotto https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347369-roasted-bacon-onion-veggies-brussel-sprouts https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/435083-creamy-mushroom-risotto.