Mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs. Mozzarella cubes are tucked inside ground turkey meatballs seasoned with onion, garlic, pesto, and Italian cheese. The stuffed meatballs are baked in the oven and finished in a simmering pan of marinara sauce. By The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen.
Ingredients of Mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs
- It’s 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of oregano& basil.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 large of jar spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1 of noodles.
So, I thought I would remake them to add a bit more flavor by adding turkey sausage! However, these Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs are a bit on the leaner side but with amazing flavor! Another cheesy meatballs recipe with mustard mushroom sauce will satisfy your hunger. Let's add this to your Cuisine Ketogenic, Low Carb.
Mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together EXCEPT cheese NOTE: I personally use Italian bread crumbs so that way you can add a touch of oregano and basil as preferred. AND I used my grader for the onion so it comes out more slivers than chunks, makes it easier when making balls.
- With everything mixed and cheese in a bowl make little patties on your hand and place a pinch of cheese in the middle and close meat over forming a ball..
- Put a little olive oil in bottom of pan to prevent sticking. Bake for about 15-20 min and flip or roll around then another 15 or so min. Start noodles boiling and sauce warming up after flipped.
Keyword keto turkey meatballs, lowcarb meatballs, mozzarella cheese stuffed meatballs. The turkey in this recipe is a great source of lean protein, which is essential for building new cells, maintaining healthy tissues, and producing enzymes and hormones necessary for growth. These mozzarella-stuffed turkey meatballs are full of flavor, and melty mozzarella cheese, to satisfy your taste buds. Serving these meatballs in marinara with zoodles (zucchini noodles) makes this fresh dish fun to eat Mozzarella-Stuffed Italian Turkey Meatballs. with zucchini noodles and marinara. Ooey Gooey Mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs. great in sauce or in a sub.