Squash and courgette risotto. Begin by preparing the Squash and Courgette, as this is the main accompaniment to the risotto we want to try to get as much flavour from them as possible. Dice the courgette into small even size cubes. Pour a little olive oil onto a very hot pan and add the courgette, season with salt and pepper and add.
Ingredients of Squash and courgette risotto
- It’s 300 g of risotto rice.
- It’s 1 L of vegetable stock.
- Prepare of Butternut squash.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- It’s of Courgette.
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s 1 of lot of parmesan.
In fact, recipes for courgettes come in as many shapes and sizes as the squash itself: varieties of this summer vegetable can range from small and flying-saucer shaped, to dark-green and tennis ball-sized. Butternut Squash Risotto from Delish.com is all you need this winter. A lot of butternut squash risotto recipes call for roasting the squash first. Here, EVERYTHING cooks in the same pot, which means the butternut squash kind of becomes the sauce too.
Squash and courgette risotto instructions
- Key to risotto is preparing all your ingredients before you start. Get the oven at 200c, stock on a low simmer and everything measured and chopped..
- Chop up the squash (I use a whole bag of pre-chopped squash) and put in the oven. Mine took about 30mins..
- Dice the onion and fry in butter until soft and slightly coloured.
- Add the rice and stir well so it all gets toasted in the remaining butter..
- After a minute, before it starts to stick or burn, add courgette and your first ladle of stock.
- Continuously stir on low heat, adding a ladle of stock when the last lot has evaporated. This should take about 20mins to get through the stock. As you’re nearing the end, keep tasting to check you don’t overcook the rice (you may need less or more stock, it varies). You definitely want it to still have a bit of an al dente bite..
- Add in the roasted squash and stir away until well mixed.
- Take off the heat. Add in a lot of Parmesan and a bit of butter, stir well. Once mixed, leave covered for 10 minutes and warm up some plates in the warm oven!.
- Serve on a nice warm plate to keep the rice hot..
Butternut Squash Risotto is so creamy and delicious, an Italian rice dish made with butternut squash puree and Parmigiano-Reggiano. We love risotto, it's one of those meals that make you feel like you're eating out in a fancy restaurant, or that you know you're way around the. In this luxurious risotto, leeks take the place of the chopped onions that are traditionally used in the beloved Italian rice dish. Place squash cubes into a steamer basket in a saucepan. This butternut and sage risotto recipe is an easy risotto recipe.