Tomato and mozzarella penne pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauteed garlic and scallions; add chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, Parmesan, basil and olives. Garden fresh basil and summer sweet cherry tomatoes make this pasta salad a warm season favorite. Takes only a few minutes to put together, a quick summertime meal.
Ingredients of Tomato and mozzarella penne pasta
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 6-8 of tomatoes (I personally like Roma, or cherry/grape tomatoes).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 bunch of basil.
- You need 8 oz of mozzarella (if you love mozzarella, shoot for double!).
- It’s 1 lb of penne pasta.
- Prepare to taste of parmesan.
- You need to taste of crushed red pepper flakes.
Mix all ingredients with hot cooked pasta. Sprinkle with remaining arugula and red pepper flakes. This tomato and mozzarella pasta bake is a great way of getting some veg into a meal. Find more pasta bakes at goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes.
Tomato and mozzarella penne pasta instructions
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute. Remember that 1 clove is about 1 or 2 tsp. Be careful not to burn it!.
- Pour garlic and oil into a large bowl. This should be the bowl where everything eventually goes into..
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Cook your penne. While this cooks, this is a good time to cut your tomatoes and mozzarella into diced pieces. If you can find the mozzarella that is already in "pearl" form, that makes things easier..
- Put your diced tomatoes, salt, and basil in the large bowl..
- Put diced mozzarella in a smaller, separate bowl. Pour in a little bit of olive oil – just enough to coat them. Believe me, this is important, unless you want all of the mozzarella to stick in one big clump…
- Once pasta is cooked, strain and pour it into the large bowl. Immediately, you'll want to add in the mozzarella and stir it all up while the noodles are hot..
- Stir thoroughly. Add parmesan and red pepper flakes to taste..
- Optional: If you can get your hands on fig balsamic glaze, this is a very nice addition to add some sweetness to it..
- Can be served hot or cold. I like it hot, my dad likes it cold, so it's really just a matter of opinion. Enjoy!.
- Also, you could add some baby spinach leaves, if you want some greens!.
Add the cooked penne to the tomato sauce, mix together then transfer to an oven-proof dish. Penne Tomato Mozzarella Salad – a DELICIOUS pasta salad filled with pasta, tomatoes, olives, garlic, chopped basil, and cheese! Cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and black olives are just a few things that make this salad simple and delicious. Its made warm, but tastes great cold too! How to cook Tomato and Mozzarella Penne.