Mozzarella Cheese and Turnip Salad. If the word mozzarella brings to mind only one type of cheese (the kind that's sprinkled atop your favorite pizza), then you haven't discovered all the different types of mozzarella in the cheese case. From fresh to smoked and from cow's milk to mozzarella di bufala, there are many different types of. Spinach, Goat Cheese and Bacon LasagnaOn dine chez Nanou.
Ingredients of Mozzarella Cheese and Turnip Salad
- Prepare 1 of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 2 of red turnips with leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
We cut small balls of fresh mozzarella in half and toss them with the pasta. This Mozzarella Cheese post will guide you through it's history of accidental conception, to how to make stretchy Mozzarella at home, with our This cheese gets it's character by being stretched and kneaded and pulled into a stringy, pliable ball. It is quite easy to make and comes in various varieties. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using a nice, fresh mozzarella in your Caprese salad, but once or twice a summer, you simply must treat yourself to the natural wonder that is burrata cheese.
Mozzarella Cheese and Turnip Salad instructions
- Cut the leaves of the turnips into about 5 cm pieces. Cut the turnips into about 2 mm thick slices, and cut the mozzarella cheese to about 1cm thick slices..
- Mix the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper very well..
- Put the turnip leaves on a plate. Layer the mozzarella and turnips one by one (alternating) on the leaves. Finally pour on the dressing and it's ready to eat..
Sometimes the mozzarella cheese is vacuum packed. I really liked the simplicity of this salad. I added crushed garlic to the dressing and used basil instead of dill. Feta cheese is a great substitute for the buffalo mozzarella. Perfect for grilled cheese, lasagna, pizza and more!