Mike's Caprese Salad With Balsamic Reduction.
Ingredients of Mike's Caprese Salad With Balsamic Reduction
- It’s of Caprese Salad With Vinegar Reduction.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of Quality Mozterella Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Quality Bottle Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 package of Fresh Basil Leaves [or 1/2 cup from your garden].
- You need 2 of LG Extra Firm Beefeater Tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of Sea Salt [divided].
Mike's Caprese Salad With Balsamic Reduction step by step
- Slice tomatoes and Mozterella. Gather your fresh Basil leaves..
- Construct your salads..
- Lightly drizzle your olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar on top your salad. Sprinkle salad with sea salt..
- Serve chilled as an antipasto. [a starter or appetizer].
- REDUCTION INSTRUCTIONS In a small, nonreactive pan, add your balsamic vinegar and any other herbs you prefer. Turn your kitchen fan on and open a window as the vinegar fumes will waft throughout your home. Bring vinegar to a simmer over medium-high heat, then turn down heat to keep it at a low simmer. This process will take about 10 – 15 minutes to thicken up and reduce. Watch very closely at the end as you don't want to burn your reduction. When it coats a spoon, you'll know it's completed. Your sauce will thicken up considerably once it has cooled. You can make it less thick or, make it as thick as molasses. Anything more will result in burning. To thin once cooled, gently reheat and add a little water as needed..