Caprese salad. The lovely Italian salad of sliced tomato, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves gets a drizzle of Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, spread fresh basil leaves over the salad, and drizzle with olive oil. The Best Tomatoes for Caprese Salad. Although balsamic vinegar in any form isn't used in a classic Italian caprese, I'd argue balsamic glaze more than deserves its place in this salad.
Ingredients of Caprese salad
- It’s 1 of large, fresh heirloom tomato.
- You need 1 packages of fresh mozzarella.
- Prepare 5 leaves of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Sea salt.
Topped with a sweet, yet tangy balsamic glaze to elevate every single bite! Caprese Salad or Insalata Caprese is a simple salad of fresh mozzarella and tomatoes topped with basil and a Caprese Salad. I don't think there's a better way to enjoy summer tomatoes, than with. Caprese salad is a simple dish made with tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese topped with balsamic glaze.
Caprese salad instructions
- TIP: In order to get the full experience of this lovely dish you really don't want to substitute any of the ingredients. The basil and mozzarella need to be fresh and the heirlooms have much more flavor. I learned this from trial and error..
- Cut tomato into nice hearty slices and spread out on plate.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar evenly over tomato slices.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with sea salt and let marinate for 5 min..
- Thinly slice mozzarella and place over each tomato slice.
- Julienne the basil and top with basil..
The ingredients make a refreshing snack or appetizer. Caprese Salad, also known as insalata caprese, is a simple, fresh, Italian salad made of tomatoes, sliced mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Featuring the Italian colors of red. Insalata Caprese Salad, also known as Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil Plate is one of the simplest and most delicious of summer salads. It requires only the right ingredients and the right season:Insalta.