Caprese Pasta with Sausage.
Ingredients of Caprese Pasta with Sausage
- Prepare of Sauce/ topping.
- Prepare 1 packages of Garlic and herb chicken sausages or similar (4 links), sliced into thick rounds.
- You need 6 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 packages of Cherry tomatoes halved.
- You need 1 bunch of Fresh basil.
- You need 1 packages of Mozzarella ball, cubed.
- You need of Fresh Parmesan, shaved.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of Raw pine nuts, crushed.
- It’s of Pasta.
- Prepare 1 packages of Fusilli pasta.
Caprese Pasta with Sausage instructions
- Heat oil in large pan. Add sausage slices, cook on medium until edges are start to brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and continue to cook for a few minutes on medium to low heat..
- Bring water to a boil in large pot while cooking sausages. Follow pasta instructions.
- Once sausage is browned and garlic is soft, add large handfuls of fresh basil leaves. Fill the entire pan, and simmer on med- low heat until basil shrinks..
- Add cherry tomato halves, season with salt and pepper, add crushed pine nuts, continue to cook on med-low heat until tomatoes are warm..
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
- Add cubes of mozzarella to the sauce right before taking off the heat. Let sit for 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt, then toss pasta topping into large pot of pasta. Drizzle more olive oil into pasta. Serve and add desired amount of fresh sliced Parmesan. Great served warm or cold. Enough for 4-6 people.