Ingredients of Spiced Biscotti
- It’s 8 tbsp of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 packages of chocolate chips.
Spiced Biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Cream butter and sugar together..
- Add eggs and vanilla..
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and spices until blended and stiff dough forms. Add additional flour if dough is still sticky..
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner..
- With floured hands, place dough onto baking sheet. Roll or shape into long rectangle, approximately 12×6 inches..
- Bake at 350°F for about 28 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes..
- Slice into 1" wide pieces, and lengthwise to double the number of pieces, if desired..
- Return to baking sheet, placing each piece on one cut side. Bake for another 20 minutes, flipping each piece once halfway through..
- Remove from oven and let cool. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat..
- Once cool, dip bottom of each biscotti in chocolate and place on parchment to set. Drizzle remaining chocolate over the batch..