Flavorsome Cretan biscotti with almonds.
Ingredients of Flavorsome Cretan biscotti with almonds
- Prepare 500 g of self rising flour.
- It’s 230 ml of virgin olive oil.
- You need 115 ml of fresh orange juice.
- Prepare 20 ml of cretan raki.
- You need 150 g of sugar.
- You need 1 of large tbsp honey.
- It’s 100 g of raw almonds, coarsely ground.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cloves.
- You need 3 of grains of mastic ground with a little bit of the sugar.
Flavorsome Cretan biscotti with almonds instructions
- Beat all the liquids with the sugar and honey for a little time with a mixer until the sugar and the honey melt..
- Gradually add the flour and the spices and knead by hand until you get a soft dough that does not stick to your hands..
- Add the almonds and incorporate well..
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and shape the dough into small loaves..
- Score them carefully with a knife, about 1,5 cm thick.
- And put them in a preheated oven at 180oC for about 25 minutes..
- As soon as they cool off a bit, cut the slices through and arrange them in the tray..
- Bake using the convection element at 180oC until golden brown..