Biscotti with figs and anise. The biscotti dough is flavored with orange zest and anise seed, and copious amounts of chopped dried figs and walnuts are mixed in. I am an absolute fig nut. It's the reason that cucidati are one of my favorite cookies and why I immediately jumped at a.
Ingredients of Biscotti with figs and anise
- You need 260 g of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 115 g of unsalted butter (at room temperature).
- It’s 1 of little salt.
- It’s 150 g of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need of zest of one orange.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of anise (ground together with a little flour).
- You need 200 g of dried figs cut into small pieces (after you boil them first for 5 minutes over moderate heat so that they soften).
Combine brandy, anise extract and vanilla in a small bowl or measuring cup. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. I've made it several times even substituting almond extract for the anise extract with terrific results. The tops can be dipped in melted.
Biscotti with figs and anise instructions
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, the salt and the anise in a large bowl..
- Cream the butter with the sugar in the mixer. Add the eggs and the orange zest and then add the flour mixture little by little..
- Finally add the figs and fold in with a spatula so that all the ingredients are well combined..
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper and with wet hands (because the dough is sticky) form the dough into a roll of about 30 cm long..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes so you can cut it with a knife into diagonal thin slices 1 cm thick which you place back into the baking tray. Bake for an additional 20 minutes (10 minutes per side)..
Traditional ANISE BISCOTTI, it's a huge favorite of my husband and brother-in-law, they love that sweet licorice taste of the anise. Dried fig with just a hint of orange and anise flavors the crunchy biscotti that is studded with pistachio's. You can't beat this with a warm cup of espresso on the side. End-to-End instructional video for making Easy and Delicious Anise Biscotti. Check out my other videos to makeEasy and Delicious Chocolate Almond Biscotti.