Fresh fried mozzarella sticks. Learn how to make homemade mozzarella sticks. These fried breaded cheese sticks are easy to prepare and very tasty. They are great as appetizer or quick.
Ingredients of Fresh fried mozzarella sticks
- Prepare 12 each of Fresh Mozzarella sticks (ea. cut 2" by 1/2").
- It’s 5 each of Slices of sourdough bread.
- It’s 1 of Grape seed oil for pan frying.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Whole milk.
- It’s 1 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 medium of Egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pepper fresh ground.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
Yes, mozzarella sticks are something you can make at home, and without relying on your grocer's frozen-foods section. With some careful temperature management, you can easily fry your favorite cheese for you next pigskin fest, and make your taste buds do a celebration dance in the flavor end. These ooey, gooey mozzarella sticks are sure to impress. The best part: because they are air fried, they're better for you than their fried cousin!
Fresh fried mozzarella sticks step by step
- Preheat oven to 300. Toast 5 pieces (or more depending on size) of sourdough in the toaster till well darkend brown, let cool then transfer onto bare oven rack for 10 minutes or less to finish drying out the bread 🙂 Let cool again on a rack so bread wont become moist. Then use a blender or a bullet, if unavailable, use a big sturdy zip lock bag to bash with a mallet! Make very crumbly small..
- In 3 Separate bowls, add milk and eggs whisked very well. Mix flour, salt, pepper, onion/garlic powder, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning mix in another bowl. Add breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning to the last bowl mix well..
- Preheat oil in medium deep skillet (I used iron) on medium high heat, wait 20 minutes, when it starts to feel hot (I place my hand hovering safely over the oil feeling the heat) place a small mixture of flour and milk/egg to see how quickly it browns, I turn it down to a bit above Medium heat..
- Dip mozzarella sticks into milk/egg, then into flour, back into milk/egg, then into bread crumbs. Repeat this process, also I used a fork. Fry 6 at a time for 3-5 mins, till golden it darker brown :D.
- Enjoy!! Use any jar of marinara in the cub board heated, or Ranch!.
Lightly coat each mozzarella stick with flour. Dip each stick in the batter and toss in the panko mixture until fully coated. Healthy mozzarella sticks are made possible with this air fryer recipe from Nutrisystem. Anytime is happy hour with these yummy Air Fried Mozzarella Sticks! Garlic powder, Italian seasoning and just enough Panko breadcrumbs to make them delightfully crispy, turn this recipe into an instant favorite. ⬇ Download mozzarella sticks – stock images and photos in the best photography agency ✔ reasonable prices ✔ millions of high quality and royalty-free stock photos and images.