Mike's Foolproof Mozzarella Sticks.
Ingredients of Mike's Foolproof Mozzarella Sticks
- Prepare of Mozzarella Cheese Sticks.
- You need 16 of Egg Roll Wraps [room temp].
- Prepare 16 stick of 1" x 3" Sticks Quality Mozzarella Or Mozterella String Cheese Sticks [room temp].
- Prepare 1 dash of Garlic & Onion Powder.
- You need 2 of Eggs [beaten].
- It’s of Dips.
- Prepare 1 of Bottle Marinara Spaghetti Sauce & 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 1 of Bottle Ranch Dressing.
- You need of Plate Garnishments.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chopped Chives.
- You need 1 of Bottle Sport Peppers.
- It’s 1/3 of Shreaded Head Lettuce.
- You need of Kitchen Tools Needed.
- It’s 1 large of Frying Pan.
- Prepare 4 cup of Clean Frying Oil.
- It’s 1 large of Plate With Napkins For Draining Oil.
- Prepare 8 small of Ramakins.
- It’s 1 of Set Tongs.
Mike's Foolproof Mozzarella Sticks instructions
- Beat 2 eggs in a small bowl with fork..
- Wipe egg wash on the entire outside rim of your wrapper with brush. [Authors Note: Major supermarkets like WalMart, Smiths and Albertsons sell Egg Roll Wraps in their produce or cold section].
- Cut your 1"x3" motzerella sticks or unwrap your pre-cut sticks. Wrap your mozzarella sticks up tightly in an egg roll wrap halfway and fold in the corners into the mozzarella Stick. Egg wash corners again if needed. Continue folding until the mozzarella stick is completely covered and sealed tightly. If any areas are still exposed, simply put additional egg wash on those openings and pinch tightly..
- Fill your pan with 2" high oil and heat..
- Don't overload your pan with cheese sticks. Start by frying 4 or 5 sticks. By overloading, you'll bring the oils temperature down causing your sticks to fry longer and to become greasy and tough..
- Fry until golden brown and crispy. About 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Pull from oil, drain in paper towels and sprinkle sticks with garlic and onion powder while their still moist from the hot grease..
- Pour your choice of heated marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce in to small bowls or ramekins and sprinkle tops with shredded parmesan cheese. Or, serve with sides of ranch dressing..
- Serve mozzarella sticks and marinara atop shreadded lettuce and other garnishments..