Mozzarella and Tomato Salad. Place tomato slices, alternating with mozzarella slices, on a large serving platter. Cut up the tomatoes and mozzarella into large cubes. Add basil leaves and drizzle w/ vinegar and olive oil.
Ingredients of Mozzarella and Tomato Salad
- Prepare 3 large of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 packages of mozzarella pearls.
- You need 3 bunch of fresh basil leaves.
- You need 1 slice of red onion.
- It’s 1/3 cup of store bought balsamic vinegarett.
While visiting family in Europe this summer, we found it everywhere on the menu in France, but surprisingly it was. This Tomato Mozzarella Pasta Salad will be a hit at any potluck, but also holds up really well in the refrigerator (undressed), making it a great meal prep or refrigerator salad for the week. Plus, there's plenty of room for customization, so read on for some ideas for making this salad your own. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper; drizzle with oil.
Mozzarella and Tomato Salad instructions
- Slice tomatoes into chunks removing insides and seeds as you do so..
- Place tomatoes into dish or individual serving cups.
- Add mozzarella pearls.
- Take a slice of red onion. Cut circle of onion into four pieces..
- Separate onion slices. Add to tomatoes and mozzarella..
- Take 3-5 basil leaves and place together one on too of the other. Roll up leaves and slice into thin strips..
- Add basil to other ingredients..
- When ready to serve drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over ingredients..
It's best in summer, when tomatoes are at their peak. If you can get imported Buffalo mozzarella from Italy, use it, but domestic fresh mozzarella is fine, as well. Fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil are a classic combination, but sometimes the dish can be very bland. Escarole, cannellini bean and tomato salad. I like to slice fresh tomatoes, sprinkle with sea salt, add torn pieces of fresh basil, then the mozzarella.