Swiss and Mozzarella Stuffed Steak Burger. These mozzarella-stuffed burgers are the perfect thing to serve to friends and family this weekend. When I first saw stuffed-burgers on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, I almost fainted. Well not really, but you know what I mean (my husband says I have a talent for over-reacting)!
Ingredients of Swiss and Mozzarella Stuffed Steak Burger
- It’s 2 lb of ground round ( can use ground chuck or beef ).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 can of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of onion , sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of swiss and mozzarella cheese.
The bacon can be cooked in several ways—on the stovetop, in the oven or in the microwave. Chopped steak, stuffed banana peppers, and mozzarella on a garlic toasted bomber roll. All Burgers Cooked Medium Well Unless Otherwise Specified. All Burgers are Served on a Toasted Hard Roll with a Garlic and Herb Spread.
Swiss and Mozzarella Stuffed Steak Burger instructions
- Cook sliced onions until translucent over low heat to caramelized. Add mushroom and heat until warm. Cool onions and mushrooms..
- Mix beef, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce well. Make out beef patties to form 4- 6 equal sizes patties..
- Make a indention in one patty but don't go all the through. Just a well to hold filling..
- Add enough of the onion and mushroom mixture to fill indention in patty. Top the mixture with swiss cheese..
- Place another patty to cover bottom patty and press to seal edges of the two patties together. Make sure it is well sealed and not to thin on top or bottom so the goodies inside don't ooze out..
- Fry in a medium high heated skillet until it is seared and browned. Flip and cook other side until juices run clear..
- Top patties with mozzarella and cover pan to melt the cheese..
- Drain on paper towels and toast your favorite bread, bun or roll if desired..
- Serve hot but be careful of inside stuffing, it will be hot..
- May use your favorite condiments if you like, but I like mine as is. :).
Steak Burger melting mozzarella – barbie burger – bbq burger – woman&home. For a really special dinner, you can't go wrong with a classic burger recipe and this delicious steak version with mozzarella is just as delicious. Sautéed mushrooms and onion with a little Swiss cheese are stuffed in hamburger patties to create an exciting twist on a classic flavor combo! If necessary, lightly flatten with spatula. I know I'm not reinventing the wheel here.