Almond Biscotti. She loves biscotti you say…more specifically Almond Biscotti. My whole biscotti obsession started with this family recipe for Italian Almond Biscotti. Simple and great tasting -it will quickly become one.
Ingredients of Almond Biscotti
- It’s 1 cup of Almonds Blanched Whole -.
My favorite almond biscotti are spiked with a little anise—not so much that they become a licorice-fest, but enough to add a hint of intrigue and elevate the almond aroma. Almond biscotti are wonderfully crunchy cookies perfect for dipping in your morning coffee. While it takes time to bake, the cookies stay fresh when stored in an airtight container. Classic almond biscotti, or cantucci, made natural and gluten-free thanks to almond flour.
Almond Biscotti step by step
- Toast Almonds in a preheated 180C/350F oven until lightly brown for 8-10mins.
- Reduce the temperature to 150C/300F and began to make the dough.
- Beat the eggs and the extracts together. Slowly add in the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix until blended into a dough. Add the almonds and gently fold in to the dough.
- Gently roll the dough into a log and place on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40mins or until firm to touch.
- Remove from oven, and let it cool for about 10mins. Using a knife, cut the log into 1/2 inch slices. Place the slices on the baking sheet and bake for 10mins, turn the slices over and bake another 10mins until firm to the touch.
- I then melted some chocolate and drizzled over the biscottis.
- Remove from oven and let it cool. Store in an airtight container.
Gluten-free biscotti are wonderful dunked in coffee or given as a holiday gift. Biscotti, aka cantucci, is one of. An elegant weeknight dessert with this Almond Biscotti Recipe from Food.com. After many years of experimentation, I think these are the best biscotti I've ever made. This Chocolate-Dipped Almond Biscotti turned me into a biscotti lover!