Mozzarella & Pine Nut stuffed Lamb Rack. Mozzarella is a traditionally southern Italian cheese made from Italian buffalo's milk by the pasta filata method. Mozzarella received a Traditional Specialities Guaranteed (TSG). Fresh mozzarella is silky, soft, milky, and mild in flavor.
Ingredients of Mozzarella & Pine Nut stuffed Lamb Rack
- You need 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 large of brown onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Fresh bread crumb.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Grated mozzarella.
- You need 1/4 cup of Toasted pine nuts.
- It’s 2 tsp of Chopped sage.
- Prepare 2 of 8 cutlet lamb racks.
- It’s 300 grams of Amoroso tomatoes.
- Prepare 200 grams of Baby spinach leaves.
Mozzarella is an Italian Traditional Speciality Guaranteed (TSG) food product. The term is used for several kinds of Italian cheeses that are made using spinning and then cutting (hence the name, as the Italian verb mozzare means "to cut"): Mozzarella di Bufala (buffalo mozzarella). Your Mozzarella is ready as soon as it's cool enough to eat. To cool quickly place it in a bowl of ice water and refrigerate.
Mozzarella & Pine Nut stuffed Lamb Rack instructions
- Fry onion until soft..
- Throw a two or three slices of multi grain bread, onion, toasted pine nuts, mozzarella, sage and seasoning into a food processor and whiz until a nice consistency..
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut fat away from the meat (not all the way) creating a flap. Stuff with bread mixture, fold fat back over and secure with toothpicks..
- Preheat oven 180*C..
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in an oven proof fry pan on high. Cook lamb fat side down for 2/3 minutes, searing well..
- Turn racks and place in oven. Bake for 12/15 minutes for medium..
- Tranfer to a plate, cover and let rest for 10 mintues..
- Meanwhile throw tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season and bake until tomatoes are cooked and are starting to split..
- Cook spinach for 1/2 minutes in fry pan over med heat until wilted..
- Slice lamb and serve with tomatoes and spinach. Mmm yum! Enjoy!.
Creamy and delicious, mozzarella is great tossed in. Mozzarella comes from the Italian verb 'mozzare'. Mozzarella cheese is a sliceable curd cheese originating in Italy. Traditional Mozzarella cheese is made from milk of water buffalos herded in very few countries such as Italy and Bulgaria. Think homemade mozzarella cheese is impossible to make?