Pesto, Tomato, & Mozzarella Baked Chicken. In summer, when you can get your hands on vine-ripe tomatoes, you don't even need to peel them. To intensify the flavor, you can add a few oven-dried tomatoes. The pesto keeps several days in a.
Ingredients of Pesto, Tomato, & Mozzarella Baked Chicken
- You need 4 of each boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.
- Prepare 3 1/2 oz of basil pesto.
- You need 4 of each Roma tomatoes, sliced.
- It’s 8 oz of fresh mozzarella, sliced.
- It’s dash of salt.
- It’s dash of black pepper.
- It’s dash of parmesan cheese, shredded.
- You need dash of Italian seasoning.
Make the sun-dried tomato pesto by combining sun-dried tomatoes in the oil they come in with garlic, basil, Parmesan, garlic and almonds. Combine the cooked pasta with the pesto. Crack the eggs into a large bowl; beat until smooth. Add the pesto and as much.
Pesto, Tomato, & Mozzarella Baked Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with EVOO.
- Place chicken breasts in dish.
- Spoon basil pesto on each chicken breast.
- Spread to coat top of breasts.
- Place tomato slices on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place slices of mozzarella on top of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Plate and enjoy with salad or fresh bread.
- If you don't have access to a basil pesto, some members of the allthecooks community have some great recipes you can make from scratch. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/478129-simple-basil-pesto https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335980-fresh-basil-pesto-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/362032-basil-pesto.
Sun-dried tomatoes are a common ingredient in Italian cuisine. Italians originally dried tomatoes on their ceramic rooftops. I got sort of pasta'd-out a few weeks ago, since it tends to be my fallback when I My dad had found a recipe in Cooks Illustrated magazine for a tomato pesto. I love a nice pesto and I. Homemade sun-dried tomato pesto with pasta and roasted vegetables is an easy weeknight dinner!