Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich. How to make a Caprese grilled cheese sandwich. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Get your two slices of bread ready and spread mayo on one side of each slice.
Ingredients of Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- It’s 4 slice of Thick white bread.
- It’s 2 slice of Fresh mozzarella.
- You need of Cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 bunch of Basil (more or less depending on taste).
- Prepare to taste of Balsamic glaze.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter, softened.
Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe : What better way is there to enjoy perfectly ripe tomatoes other than smothered in melted cheese along with some fresh homemade basil Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich. How to Make a Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich. To make this gourmet grilled cheese sandwich, you'll want the standard ingredients for a caprese salad, pesto, and sourdough bread. Don't you just wanna stuff your face with that stack up there?!?
Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich step by step
- Spread butter on two slices of bread and lay them buttered side down on a clean work surface. (Tip: using a piece of wax paper makes for easy clean up).
- Slice washed tomatoes in half, then arrange the halves on the bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste..
- Add basil. This can be washed, dried and torn into pieces. Depending on your personal preference, add as much or little as you like..
- Top each sandwich with a thick slice of fresh mozzarella. Drizzle with balsamic glaze..
- Butter remaining two slices of bread and place it buttered side up on the mozzarella. Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet on medium heat and toast sandwiches on each side until golden brown and cheese is melted. (Lower heat gives sandwich time to develop a nice crunchy crust. A lid could be used to trap the heat in skillet to ensure melted, gooey cheese).
In my house grilled cheese sandwiches are a staple – the kids request them for lunch almost daily! While a standard grilled cheese sandwich is always delicious, a fancy grilled cheese sandwich is even better! This grilled caprese sandwichis a fun twist on the classic with ripe tomatoes, fresh basil. This Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich starts with good bread. A rustic sourdough boule is thickly sliced and layered with fresh mozzarella cheese, summer tomatoes, and a flavorful Arugula Pesto.