Tevaughn's non traditional Canoa de Platano stuffed with teriyaki chicken and mozzarella (ripe plantain canoe).
Ingredients of Tevaughn's non traditional Canoa de Platano stuffed with teriyaki chicken and mozzarella (ripe plantain canoe)
- It’s 2 of large ripe plantain.
- You need 1 cup of mozzerella cheese.
- It’s 1 of med size tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of blackpepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped green escallion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- You need 1/4 of soy sauce.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
Tevaughn's non traditional Canoa de Platano stuffed with teriyaki chicken and mozzarella (ripe plantain canoe) instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°. In a large skillet or medium sized pot pour 1/2 cup of oil and allow pot to heat..
- 2. Cut chicken breast in half, then cut into strips and season with black pepper and cayenne pepper. Allow the chicken to absorb the season for atleast 10 minutes..
- Peel plantains and place in hot oil. Fry till it reaches a golden brown colour and until the inside is cooked then remove from the oil..
- In a medium sized saute pan, pour 1/4 cup oil into pot and place the seasoned chicken strips into pot and saute for about 30 seconds on both side (we are only frying it to get rid of the raw seasoning). Remove from the pot and allow to rest..
- In the same pan you were sauteing the chicken in, add the brown sugar and allow to caramelize. Once carmelization is complete, add the soy sauce, grated ginger and vinegar. Add chicken strips and allow the sauce to simmer for about 2-3minutes then remove from stove..
- Core plantains and add teriyaki chicken with sauce in the plantain and place in oven for 30 minutes. On the 28th minute, remove plantain from oven, stuff and sprinkle with parmesan cheese then place back in oven and allow cheese to melt..
- Remove from oven and garnish with diced tomatoes, powdered parmesan cheese and chopped escallions. You don't need any salt for this dish because the cheeses and soy sauce has a salty flavor. Enjoy..