Pistachio Cream Shots with Biscotti.
Ingredients of Pistachio Cream Shots with Biscotti
- Prepare 250 Millilitres of Milk.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 30 Grams of Corn Flour.
- You need 80 Grams of Caster sugar.
- It’s 40 Grams of Pistachios.
- Prepare 100 Millilitres of Cream Double.
- Prepare 150 Grams of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 60 Grams of Pistachio.
- Prepare 30 Grams of Butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 65 Grams of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 1/3 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- You need 1/3 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1 Pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Sugar Shards.
- Prepare of Pistachio.
Pistachio Cream Shots with Biscotti instructions
- Place the pistachios in a microwave safe bowl covered with water and place in the microwave for 5 minutes. Pour cold water over the pistachios and then slide the skins of each one. Grind the peeled pistachios into a coarse paste..
- Place the cream, milk and pistachio paste in a sauce pan. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, caster sugar and corn flour. When the liquid in the sauce pan begins to boil, remove from heat and add the egg yolk mixture gradually. Continue whisking..
- Return the sauce pan to medium heat and continue whisking for 3 to 4 minutes until the mixture begins to boil and thickens, Transfer to a bowl and chill the mixture in the fridge..
- To make the biscotti, preheat the oven to 175 Celsius and spread the peeled pistachios on a baking tray and roast them for 10 minutes..
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter till light and fluffy, add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract and beat again. Add the plain flour and roasted pistachios. Mix well till it combines completely..
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it into the shape of a log. Now place this on a lightly floured baking tray.Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove and cool the logs for 5 minutes. and slice into 12 diagonal pieces of 1/2 inch thickness..
- Now lay them flat on the baking tray and bake for further 5 minutes. Now turn over to the other side and repeat the same. Place on a cooling rack and let them cool completely..
- When you are ready to serve, transfer into a disposable piping bag and pipe the pistachio cream into shot glasses. Garnish with some sugar shards or chopped pistachios and serve with a biscotti on the side..