Doritos Crushed Mozzarella Sticks. But Mozzarella sticks fried in Nacho Cheese Doritos? This recipe is super easy, and if you're a college student, there's a good chance you've already So instead of ordering fried Mozzarella sticks at the bar, why not make 'em with Doritos all by yo' self? Take your frying game up a step with this legit Deep Fryer.
Ingredients of Doritos Crushed Mozzarella Sticks
- You need 1 (16 ounce) of block) mozzarella cheese.
- You need 3 cups of crushed nacho cheese Doritos.
- You need 3/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s of Kosher salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs beaten.
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
Let's talk about these Doritos Crusted Cheddar Cheese Sticks. I mean I initially wanted to just make plain mozzarella cheese sticks, but then I thought to myself, there are so many mozzarella cheese sticks out there in Junkfoodville. Doritos are trying to take over the junk food game. From tacos to chicken strips these popular chips are making their way through our favorite fatty foods Imagine if you will taking your favorite cheese stick, coating it in crushed up Doritos, then deep frying the shiz outta that sucker.
Doritos Crushed Mozzarella Sticks step by step
- Cut mozzarella cheese into 4" 1/2 sticks similar to the size of string cheese in a small bowl combine crushed Doritos and panko place eggs and flour in separate bowls.
- Working one at a time dip mozzarella sticks in flour and completely coat dip into egg wash to coat completely and allow excess egg to drip back into bowl coat the cheese fully in Doritos mixture patting to adhere as necessary place cheese sticks on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer cover and freeze until frozen about 30-60 minutes or up to 2 days.
- Heat enough oil in a deep skillet over medium/medium-high to cover 1/2 -3/4 way up mozzarella sticks once hot (to test drop a breadcrumb in oil if it starts sizzling you're good to go) and working in batches fry the mozzarella sticks until golden brown about 1 minute per side adjust temperature of oil as needed (too hot and they will brown to quick) remove to a paper towel lined plate and immediately sprinkle with Kosher salt serve immediately.
Using Doritos to coat your mozzarella sticks is not only a fun twist on the classic appetizer but also a great hack if you are looking to figure out how to make mozzarella sticks without breadcrumbs. The key is to crush up the Doritos into a fine consistency similar to breadcrumbs. Every restaurant that has cheese sticks on their menu is an automatic "yes" for me. To quote my hero, Liz Lemon, in response to a guy wanting to buy Making them at home just got even easier with this incredible recipe. You can remix them up and use your favorite Doritos chip to add even more cheesy.