Blackened salmon over smokey mozzarella pasta. Blackened Salmon is my favorite and this recipe is great. You can avoid the "smokey house" effect by using peanut oil instead of butter although it does change the. The Best Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Recipes on Yummly
Ingredients of Blackened salmon over smokey mozzarella pasta
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Bronz cut penne (small penne).
- You need 1/2 cup of real mayo.
- Prepare 1/4 cups of white wine vinnegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly grate Parmesan or pecorino romano.
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves pressed.
- It’s 2 cups of packed baby spinach stemmed and fine chopped.
- You need 2 of small jars of roasted red bell fine chopped.
- You need 1/2 lb of smoked mozzarella or just pearls since smoked is hard to find.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mexican chili powder or ancho Chile powder (some substitute cayenne).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
While cold smoking, or smoking over little to no heat, is ideal for cheese For example, use cedar chips for Pacific salmon and hickory chips for Southern catfish. Set the mozzarella ball in the center of the cheesecloth and season all over with salt and pepper. Combine smoked salmon with pasta for a simple yet scrumptious lunch or supper. The flavoursome fish adds a smoky boost to creamy pasta dishes.
Blackened salmon over smokey mozzarella pasta step by step
- Start by salting your boiling water and cook the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks go ahead and add the mayo, vinnegar, cheese, garlic, chile powder, salt and fresh ground pepper to a glass measuring cup and use a stick blender to smooth it out (taste for additional salt or pepper) set aside..
- Chop up the spinach and roasted red bell and set aside..
- In a big mixing bowl add the pasta followed by the spinach, roasted red bell, mozzarella and the dressing and stir well. This pasta is best served at room temp so be sure to remove it from the fridge to give it plenty of time to come to temp..
- If you are cooking salmon for this I use a mix of old bay blackening seasoning because it has this kind of nutmeg flavor and a little zatarains blackening seasoning for its spicy ness, but I’ll leave that up to you. Sear salmon in a non stick pan and set on paper towel and blot to remove excess oils., serve over the pasta..
Place cooked salmon in an oven-proof dish. Layer tomato slices, sun-dried tomato strips and finally mozzarella slices over the salmon. Sprinkle some black pepper on top. Drain pasta in colander and run under cold water until well-cooled. In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, spinach, roasted red peppers and smoked mozzarella.