Roasted heirloom tomato mozzarella pasta. To complement our pasta, we're serving peppery, lemon-dressed arugula with thick slices of creamy mozzarella cheese, marinated in a flavorful oregano-garlic This recipe uses the best of the season's harvest—including gorgeous heirloom tomatoes—to create a simple and satisfying pasta dish. This roasted tomato pasta recipe is a quick and easy meal. The pasta is simply tossed with oven roasted tomatoes and grated parmesan cheese.
Ingredients of Roasted heirloom tomato mozzarella pasta
- Prepare of My roasted tomato sauce recipe (published) I use the whole jar from the recipe.
- It’s 3/4 lb of rotini pasta.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 of grated aged Asiago (or your choice).
- It’s 8 oz of package pearl mozzarella.
If you are in a rush, slightly over cook the pasta, and when it's draining in the sink run cold water on it. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella. Combine well and check for seasoning. Add in any salt and pepper as.
Roasted heirloom tomato mozzarella pasta instructions
- I make the sauce 1 to 2 days ahead of time(see my recipe).
- Boil water and salt well, should taste like sea water. Add the pasta and cook to al dente, drain well..
- Add the sauce to a deep dish bowl. Add the pasta And mozzarella and toss well, add the cheese and toss again..
- Store in an air tight container and let the flavors marry overnight, serve at room temp..
The roasted tomatoes brought depth to the salad – well worth the bit of extra time and effort. Crunch came from toasted almonds, and creamy fresh mozzarella delivered just the right amount Oh there is nothing like heirloom tomatoes in the summertime. Just that + mozzarella and I'm a happy camper. This Heirloom Tomato Pasta recipe celebrates the color and freshness of summer produce! Do you ever have those moments when you are unexpectedly overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of food?