Pistachio and cranberry biscotti. An easy and delicious recipe for classic biscotti: crispy, crunchy cookies with pistachios, hazelnuts, and dried cranberries. These cookies are perfect with a cup of tea or coffee during the cold winter months! Wrap them up and give as gifts, too!
Ingredients of Pistachio and cranberry biscotti
- It’s 1 stick of margarine.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of flax egg ( 1 tsp flaxseed powder + 2 Tbsp water).
- It’s 1 of orange zest.
- It’s 2 cups of AP flour +1/2 cup extra if needed.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 of tea salt and black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pistachio.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry cranberries.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of tea orange essence or vanilla essence.
- You need of Juice of one orange (1/2 cup).
These Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Biscotti are tailor-made for dunking in coffee or tea. Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti – crunchy and amazing biscotti loaded with cranberry and pistachio. Easy recipe that you can make at home this holiday season. Cranberries Pistachio Christmas Thanksgiving Italian Baking Dessert Dinner Party Picnic Wedding Potluck Bridal Shower Vegetarian Baking Powder Eggs Butter Nuts Brunch Cookies Snack Salt Holidays Flour Sugar Gift Ideas Fall Winter Biscotti Easy.
Pistachio and cranberry biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking tray with parchment paper. Rub orange zest with sugar. Mix flax powder with warm water and keep it aside..
- In a large bowl cream the margarine,orange zested sugar unti light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add flax egg, orange essence and mix well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Now add this dry mix with wet mix. Use orange juice as required. Mix cranberry and pistachio and mix whole thing again. Make two logs 2 inches wide. Put them by keeping 3 inches distance in between..
- Bake them for 35 to 40 minutes. Bake until golden brown. Remove from oven and completely about 10 minutes. Now with sharp bread knife slice them about 1/2 inches thick. Now arrange them back in to baking sheet cut side facing down. Bake again for 15 minutes flipping them on other side in between. Remove from oven and wait until completely cool..
Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti. cranberry-pistachio biscotti Dessert Italian. Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti are wonderfully crisp and crunchy and they are dressed for the holidays with bright red dried cranberries and lovely green pistachio nuts. These biscotti are lower in fat than most cookies as they do not contain butter which makes them a nice alternative to all the other rich. The red and green of the cranberries and pistachios make these biscuits great for Christmas. I've used other nuts instead of pistachios as well.