Korean Mozzarella Cheese balls. Today's recipe is Korean Mozzarella Cheese Ball from scratch. It's crunchy and chewy outside, warm and flavorful cheese inside of it. With a zesty, tomato-y pizza sauce in which to dip them.
Ingredients of Korean Mozzarella Cheese balls
- Prepare 250 g of glutinous rice flour.
- Prepare 100 g of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/8 tablespoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 400 g of mozzarella cheese cut into cubes (or string cheese).
- Prepare 1 cup of cooking oil.
Drain the mozzarella and pat dry. Add the flour to a casserole dish, the beaten eggs to a second, and whisk together the panko. Mozzarella is a pasta-filata style of cheese which involves hand-stretching hot curds into pliable At Murray's Mozzarella Making class at Murray's Cheese in New York, I learned that my desk job (This water is the brine for your finished balls of mozzarella. Fresh mozzarella cheese is worth the effort to make at home.
Korean Mozzarella Cheese balls instructions
- In a bowl, add together glutinous flour, all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar..
- Add warm water and butter to the dry ingredients and mix to make dough. Knead until all ingredients are incorporated together. Cover dough in cling wrap and let it rest in room temperature for 30 minutes..
- Scoop/divide little spoonfuls of the dough (about 20g or use an ice cream scooper), and flatten/press them to make small circles..
- Place a cheese cube in the middle for each serving and press edges together to close the seam. Roll in between palms to form little balls..
- Heat oil and fry balls for about 3-5 minutes or until color is light golden brown. Remove from pan and drain/strain excess oil. Serve with spicy ketchup, ranch or mayo and ketchup mixture..
After three times in the microwave, there will be little whey left and the cheese will start to form a ball. When it is cool enough to touch, knead it like bread dough until smooth. The Best Fresh Mozzarella Balls Recipes on Yummly Oreo Cookie Balls – Thanksgiving Turkey, Marinated Mozzarella Balls, Arancini (fried Risotto Balls). Make Cultured Mozzarella with this great recipe.