Homemade Mozzarella Sticks.
Ingredients of Homemade Mozzarella Sticks
- You need 5 tbsp of plain bread crumbs.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 dash of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 12 bunch of mozzarella sticks.
- Prepare 1 of oil.
Homemade Mozzarella Sticks instructions
- cut the mozzarella sticks in half to make 24 even pieces.
- place mozzarella sticks on a pan with parchment/wax paper and put them in the freezer for a half hr to set.
- in a medium bowl mix the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and cayenne pepper (set aside).
- once the mozzarella sticks are set, remove from the freezer and preheat oven to 400℉.
- in a small bowl wisp the egg lightly.
- in a small bowl add the flour.
- run each piece of mozzarella under cold water very lightly then roll in the flour coating it completely, then dip it in the egg and finally roll into the bread crumb mixture and press lightly (repeat until all is complete).
- place the coated mozzarella sticks on a foiled covered pan and spray with cooking spray so it doesn't stick and heat for about 4 mins..
- carefully remove the pan from the oven and in a medium frying pan heat oil til it's completely hot. Starting with a few pieces at a time, place the sticks in the oil for just a few seconds then turn to evenly brown each side (repeat until finished).
- serve with your choice of dipping sauce and enjoy.