Cheese Biscotti. The cheese makes these savory biscotti softer than sweet ones–perfect with soup. Biscotti's satisfying crunch is an excellent canvas for spices, nuts, and strong flavors. Chili Pecan Biscotti With Dry Jack Cheese, Savory Cheese Biscotti, A List Of Desserts, etc.
Ingredients of Cheese Biscotti
- It’s 90 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 30 grams of Almond flour.
- It’s 30 grams of Grated cheese.
- You need 2 1/2 grams of Baking powder.
- You need 15 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 90 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Milk.
Taking a recipe for biscotti, I eliminated the sugar, flavored the cookies with black pepper and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and used toasted hazelnuts. This is a simple, no frills biscotti. My friend at work gave this recipe to me. Savoury cheese biscotti recipe Photo by Erik Putz.
Cheese Biscotti step by step
- Sift the cake flour, almond flour, and baking powder together. Preheat the oven to 170℃ / 340℉..
- Add butter brought to room temperature, granulated sugar, egg, and milk in that order to a bowl. Mix after each addition..
- Add the sifted dry mixture and grated cheese, then fold in. The dough is very soft..
- Dust parchment paper with bread flour (not listed) and place the dough on top. I prefer thin biscotti, so I divide the dough into 2 portions..
- Dust the top of the dough and your hands with bread flour. Form 7 ~ 8 mm thick rectangles (They will rise a little bit after baking)..
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 170℃ / 340℉. Take them out from the oven, and slice into strips. Lay on the baking sheet with the cut ends facing up..
- Pop them back in the oven and bake for another 6 – 7 minutes at 150℃ / 300℉ to make them crispier and crunchier..
- When they cool down, you can enjoy the crispy and crunchy texture. Wrap them nicely as presents..
Our biscotti recipe can be anything (and everything) you want it to be! Simple swaps and extra touches to our master cranberry and pistachio. See more ideas about Biscotti, Biscotti recipe, Biscotti cookies. A hint of pumpkin seed and almond gives this biscotti recipe a wonderful flavor that's just right for fall. Cheddar cheese biscotti pair well with soup, chili and cheese platers.