Baked Fettuccine with Meat Sauce and Tons-O-Mozzarella. Fettuccine and kale tossed in a light mascarpone sauce complete the meal with even more satisfying heartiness. Our vegetarian recipes contain no red meat, poultry, fish, or seafood, and may include eggs, animal-based dairy products, and honey. Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe – Fettuccine pasta loaded with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy and irresistibly delicious homemade Alfredo sauce.
Ingredients of Baked Fettuccine with Meat Sauce and Tons-O-Mozzarella
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground meat (I chose turkey – you choose what you like).
- It’s 2 of tsps garlic powder (or 2 large cloves garlic minced).
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil (if you prefer fresh, I’d recommend you use it to garnish at the end).
- You need 2 of tsps dried oregano (or 1 Tbsp fresh).
- Prepare 2 of tsps dried thyme (or 1 Tbsp fresh).
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 20 oz of (or 2.5 cups) marinara sauce (homemade or jarred – whatever makes you happy 😊).
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of shredded low-moisture whole milk mozzarella (I really recommend shredding your own – but no judgement).
- It’s 1.5 lbs of fresh whole milk mozzarella – cut into 1” cubes (aw, yeeeeeeaah!).
- Prepare 10 oz of fresh fettuccine (or whatever pasta you like – it all tastes the same).
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese to taste (please use fresh and not from a can – Parmesano Reggiano will change your life).
- Prepare of Fat to grease your 9×13 or 3 quart casserole dish (bacon fat is amazing – or butter / olive will work).
- Prepare of Beverage of your choice.
Fettuccine Alfredo, Lasagna with Meat Sauce and Spaghetti and Meatball. If you're looking to add an additional side or toppings, please visit the Sides/Extras section of the menu. Spaghetti With Meat Sauce and Mozzarella. We like a bit spicier sauce so I also add Italian seasoning to taste.
Baked Fettuccine with Meat Sauce and Tons-O-Mozzarella instructions
- Heat the olive in a large fry pan. Add your ground meat, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, dried basil, salt and pepper. Brown meat and set aside..
- In a large sauce pan, heat marinara sauce, butter and cream on low heat. Add cooked meat and simmer on low for about 10 mins or so. Ooooooh, that’s niiiiiiicccee…….
- Wait, you need a refill 🍷🍷🍷. And to preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Cook pasta until just underdone. Drain and add to your meat sauce. Now toss and then sip 🍷.
- Put about half of the sauced pasta into your baking dish (for ribbon pasta, kitchen tongs really help). Top with 1 cup of the fresh mozzarella. Then add remaining sauced pasta and top with shredded mozzarella. Now top with remaining fresh mozzarella. Take a pic and celebrate – yeah, baby!!! Dinner is in work!!.
- Bake for about 30-45 mins. If the cheese is getting brown too quickly, remove from oven, loosely tent with foil and return to the oven..
- Once it’s ready (melted, browned cheese and everything is thoroughly heated through), remove from oven and let cool for about 10 mins (unless you’re into burning all of the skin off of the roof of your mouth)..
- Now, refill (🍷) and enjoy!!.
I tend to be a bit heavy handed with the seasoning. Placing foil on the rack below to catch any spillage that may occur for this is packed with goodness. Layer with cooked fettuccine, Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese, and pour mushroom soup over the top. The fettuccine pasta used in this recipe is a delicious alternative to the typical lasagna noodle. Drain fat from pan, and transfer meat to a bowl.