Peri-Peri Roast Chicken.
Ingredients of Peri-Peri Roast Chicken
- It’s 1 of chicken, around 1.5 kg.
- You need 2 of red peppers, halved and deseeded.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of olive oil, plus extra to drizzle.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chilli flakes.
- It’s 2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne peppe.
Peri-Peri Roast Chicken instructions
- Heat the oven to 200°C fan. Put the peppers in a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and season. Roast for 20-25 minutes until it started to char and soften. Remove from oven. Turn the oven temp down to 180c.
- Put the roasted peppers into a food processor with the rest of the paste ingredients and whizz to a pulp. Put the chicken into a large mixing bowl. Rub the chicken with the paste. Drizzle with some olive oil and roast for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked through..
- To serve, carve the chicken then scatter with fresh mint, squeeze over lemon wedges and serve with roast potatoes and vegetables..