Rum Scented Fruity Biscotti.
Ingredients of Rum Scented Fruity Biscotti
- It’s 120 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 30 grams of Almond powder.
- You need 2 1/2 grams of Baking powder.
- It’s 15 grams of Butter.
- You need 90 grams of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 2 tsp of Milk.
- Prepare 50 grams of Dried fruit.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Rum.
Rum Scented Fruity Biscotti step by step
- Finely mince the dried fruit, and coat in the rum. (I used dried American cherries this time)..
- Sift the cake flour, almond powder, and baking powder together. Preheat the oven to 170C..
- Add the room temperature butter, granulated sugar, eggs, and milk in order, mixing in each one..
- Add in the sifted powder and dried fruits to the bowl, and roughly mix together. (The dough is relatively soft)..
- Sprinkle a cookie sheet with bread flour not listed in the ingredients, and place the dough on top. (I like these thin, so I divide the dough in two)..
- Sprinkle bread flour on top of the dough and on your hands, and mold until it is about 7~8mm thick. (It will plump up a bit when baking)..
- Bake in a 170 °C oven for 25 minutes. Take it out of the oven, slice up the biscotti and line the slices up on the sheet so that the cut sides face up..
- In order to make the biscotti even more crispy and crunchy, bake them the oven at 150 °C for 6~7 minutes to dry them out..
- You can really appreciate the crispy and crunchy texture once the biscotti cools. Try wrapping them up nicely to give as gifts..