Smoked chicken caprese salad. Balsamic Chicken Caprese Salad – Juicy chicken coated in balsamic along with plump tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and basil!! Since there's already balsamic vinegar on traditional caprese salads, the balsamic chicken was a great complement. Jump to the Chicken Caprese Salad Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it.
Ingredients of Smoked chicken caprese salad
- It’s 1 of chicken crown on the bone.
- It’s 2 packets of (2 x 125 g) buffalo mozzarela.
- It’s 2 of beef tomatoes or 4 wine tomatoes.
- Prepare of Fresh basil.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Sea salt.
- Prepare of Olive oil to drizzle.
- Prepare of Balsamic glaze (made of 75 ml of balsamic vinegar).
- It’s of Rocket leaves for garnish.
Caprese Chicken Salad with the most incredible balsamic marinated chicken, fresh tomatoes, melt in your mouth mozzarella, grilled asparagus, creamy avocado and crispy bacon all drizzled with Creamy Balsamic Reduction Dressing = Out of this world! This Caprese Chicken Salad will have you craving. So technically this chicken salad is inspired by the flavors of caprese. I mean, I added chicken and grains as well, so obviously I'm not trying to recreate Insalata Caprese exactly.
Smoked chicken caprese salad step by step
- Using small sharp knife cut the crown out of the whole chicken. Keep the breasts on the bone. I used the rest of it to make stock but feel free to smoke the whole chicken. It will take about 4 hours..
- Place the chicken crown directly on the Bbq letting it smoked from the bottom..
- Reduce 75 ml of balsamic vinegar to make a glaze. Keep an eye on it as dish shoudld take few minutes. You are looking for a thick consistency that will stay on the back of the spoon. Cool it down.
- After 3 hours of smoking tge chicken take it out and let it rest. If you like it can be cooled down and served cold. Using small sharp knife cut the bone out..
- With all the ingredients ready it's time to start to assemble the salad. Its up to you if you want to have a small starter, lunch, dinner or maybe a sharing platter..
- Slice the tomato, cheese and chicken. I took the skin off the breast..
- Alternate the sliced ingredients on the plate spreading them evenly. Drizzle the dish with the olive oil and then with balsamic glaze. Finish it with a handful of fresh basil leaves. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly milled black pepper. Use rocket leaves to garnish the plate..
You can actually use the base chicken caprese salad recipe to make other dishes as well. Caprese Salad Topped Smoked Sausage SandwichHillshire Farm. This simple Caprese salad with juicy pan-seared chicken and creamy avocado is your easy, healthy lunch or dinner dreams come true. And this Caprese salad with juicy chicken is the latest recipe to be made many, many times over the last few weeks. Smoked Chicken is one of those versatile ingredients that can make a great sandwich, give flavor to a pasta dish, is perfect for a fritata or make a wonderful salad.