Braised Chicken with Red Wine & Balsamic Vinegar.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken with Red Wine & Balsamic Vinegar
- You need 1 of Chicken thigh.
- It’s 100 grams of Shimeji mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Plain flour.
- You need 1 of Olive oil (or any vegetable oil).
- It’s 50 ml of Red wine.
- Prepare 100 ml of ☆Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ☆Balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆Japanese Worcestershire-style Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ☆Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ☆Consomme soup stock powder.
- You need of 【For finishing】.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of Heavy Cream (or soy milk).
Braised Chicken with Red Wine & Balsamic Vinegar instructions
- Prick the skin side of the chicken with your fork several times. Score the meat side. Pound the thick part of the chicken with your knife to make it evenly thick. Cut the sinews..
- Cut the chicken piece in half ( or into bite sizes). Salt and pepper both sides. Slice the onion thinly. Remove the root of shimeji mushrooms and separate into small pieces..
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Coat both sides of the chicken with plain flour. Place the chicken in the frying pan with the skin sides down and fry until golden brown. (over a medium to high heat).
- After browning the skin, turn over and push the chicken to one side of the pan. Fry the onion and shimeji mushrooms in the empty space..
- After browning the meat side, add the red wine and cover with a lid. Cook over a high heat for about 1 minute..
- After 1 minute, uncover and add ☆water, balsamic vinegar, Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce, soy sauce and consomme soup powder. Cook over a low to medium heat for about 10 minutes. Turn over the meat halfway through cooking to cook it evenly..
- After the sauce has thickened and reduced,check if the chicken is done. When it is done, turn off the heat and add the butter and cream (or soy milk) to finish..
- Harukarubi-san made this dish with sliced pork. It looks shiny and very tasty..
- Dokushihakurou-san made this dish with chicken breast and used milk to finish. It looks very warm..
- I used thinly sliced pork to make Hayashi-rice with this sauce.♪ I think thinly sliced beef will be nice too..
- User "Manpukumaru" made this dish with fillet of beef. He served it with tasty-looking garnishes..