Brad's polenta and rice. I am getting tired I guess so when I recently tried another cooking method for a favorite recipe and it was fast, easy and fun I wanted to branch out so I have been working out some other recipes for the same low work approcah. I prefer to add in extras after the polenta is cooked (like cheese for example). Add the wild rice, garlic, sage and rosemary; cook and stir until the rice is coated and the mixture is fragrant.
Ingredients of Brad's polenta and rice
- It’s 1 lb of polenta.
- Prepare 1 pkg of brown rice and quinoa blend.
- You need 1/4 cup of each; shredded parmesan, cheddar, pepper jack.
- Prepare 1 tbs of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each; garlic powder, rosemary, basil, white pepper.
- It’s of Balsamic vinegar.
Sometimes I get a craving for polenta and then figure out what I'm going to serve with it. polenta and rice doughnuts. To be honest, I don't eat doughnuts that often. It's rare that I make them at home but when I do it has to be a beignet. If I lived in NOLA, I'd probably try to eat a beignet every day, it would be a goal to achieve, one I'd happily strive for.
Brad's polenta and rice step by step
- Bring rice medly to a boil in a small pot of water. Add bouillon and spices. Cover and simmer up to 22 minutes. Or until water is absorbed and everything is tender. Fluff with a fork..
- Slice polenta into 1/2 inch slices. Fry over medium heat with very little oil. Let brown on both sides..
- Plate polenta, top with rice medly. Sprinkle the mixed cheeses over the top..
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Wild rice adds a toasty nuttiness to polenta, its creamy sweetness heightened with freshly puréed corn. Serve as a side dish or vegetarian main course. In a food processor, pulse the wild rice until coarsely cracked. Transfer to a fine sieve, rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear, and drain. Chili on polenta, poached egg on polenta, braised beef on polenta, oh my.