Brad's crab florentine manicotti w/ parmesan, basil, caper sauce. To make the sauce: in a saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Fill each cooked shell with crab/cheese filling using clean hands. Place in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
Ingredients of Brad's crab florentine manicotti w/ parmesan, basil, caper sauce
- It’s of For the manicotti.
- Prepare 2 cups of lump crab meat.
- You need 2 cups of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped baby spinach.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan.
- It’s 1 box of manicotti noodles.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbs of capers brined in white balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 cups of half and half.
- You need 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- You need of Around 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan.
- It’s of Fresh basil leaves for garnish.
Pat excess water from shells, fill with cheese, spinich mixture and lay in pan. Easy Cheesy Manicotti With Manicotti Pasta, Spaghetti Sauce, Ricotta Cheese, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded Parmesan Cheese, Egg, Parsley Flakes, Dried Basil, Salt, Pepper. How to make Parmesan Stuffed Manicotti with Tomato Cream Sauce – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients. Freeze leftovers in individual portions so each serving can be quickly reheated in the microwave.
Brad's crab florentine manicotti w/ parmesan, basil, caper sauce step by step
- Boil 6 qts water in a large pot. Salt to taste. Add manicotti noodles and boil 6 minutes. Strain in a colander and rinse with cold water. They will seem too al dente, but they will soften in 15 to 20 minutes. This is how you dont overcook the noodles and they will hold together better when stuffing them..
- While this is cooking mix the rest of the manicotti ingredients in a large mixing bowl..
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Add oil. Saute onions until they just start to brown. Add garlic and capers. Make sure to get a little caper brine in there too. Saute another 2 minutes..
- Add cream, basil, and bouillon. Slowly bring to a simmer..
- Meanwhile, stuff noodles with the filling. I used a butter knife. It seems to be a bit easier on the noodles..
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Arrange stuffed noodles in it..
- When sauce starts to simmer, slowly add mozzarella until sauce thickens a bit..
- Pour sauce over noodles and top with remaining cheeses. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes on the middle rack..
- Change your oven over to high broiler. All broilers are different, so keep an eye on it. I went another 10 minutes. You want the cheese to just start browning on top..
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve with fresh basil leaves for garnish. Enjoy..
Spray baking dish with cooking spray and place the stuffed Manicotti in it. Easy, delicious and healthy Crab Manicotti recipe from SparkRecipes. Use a spoon or your fingers (Julia Child says it's ok) fill shells and place in dish. Cook the manicotti noodles per instructions and set aside to cool. Make sure to leave noodles al dente as they will cook more in the oven and will be easier to stuff if more firm.