Brad's tomato basil bisque. I got this recipe from a magazine called Midwest Living. It's the best recipe I've found for tomato basil soup and just wanted to share it. Sorta Healthy – Tomato Basil Bisque is a Dairy free cream of tomato soup.
Ingredients of Brad's tomato basil bisque
- You need 1 tbs of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 3 1/2 lbs of tomatoes, i used fresh on the vine.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- It’s 3 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 2 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed chilie flakes.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh chopped basil.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3 tbs of cornstarch.
So, this creamy Tomato Basil Soup can easily be called a soup or a bisque because it's made of pureed vegetables and cream. Thick, creamy and delicious tomato bisque is a family favorite! This recipe is also beyond simple which makes it even more appealing. Similar to our tomato basil soup, this tomato bisque is a hit all fall and winter.
Brad's tomato basil bisque step by step
- Blanch whole tomatoes to peel off the skin. Cut in half and remove the seeds. Then chop..
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large soup pot. Add onions and shallots. Saute until onions start to caramelize. Add garlic and sauté one more minute..
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot except cheese, cream, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about a half hour. Stir often..
- With a stick blender, blend everything in the pot until it has a smooth texture. Return to heat and return to a simmer..
- Add cheese and mix well. Mix together the cornstarch and cold cream.
- Turn heat up to medium. Get thd ip boiling fairly well. Slowly whisk in cream and starch until smooth..
- Add soup to a bowl. You can decorate it by drizzling more cream in any pattern. Add basil leaves for garnish. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Other favorites include: sweet potato soup, carrot soup and cheesy potato soup. Tomato Bisque – Soup Might Not Count as a Meal, but Bisque Certainly Does. There are different opinions on what makes something a bisque. Technically, it's made from some sort of shellfish puree, but modern usage includes vegetables as well. A Healthy Tomato Basil Bisque recipe with big flavor and very little guilt!