Bistro Chicken Baguette.
Ingredients of Bistro Chicken Baguette
- Prepare 1 of boneless, skinless chicken breast; sliced in half lengthwise.
- Prepare 1/4 of baguette loaf.
- Prepare 2 slice of bacon.
- It’s 1 of handful of arugala.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinaigrette.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tbsp of stone ground mustard.
- You need 4 of grape or cherry tomatoes; halved.
- It’s 1/2 of roasted red, orange, or yellow roasted bell pepper; julienne.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion; caramelized.
- You need 2 tbsp of orange peel seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of salt and white pepper.
Bistro Chicken Baguette step by step
- Marinate halved chicken breast in dried spices excluding salt for 2-48 hours; if time permits. That is not 100% necessary.
- Put bacon on a sheet tray and bake at 350° for approximately 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Reserve bacon fat in an aluminum can for other uses. Bacon fat rules! Bam! Set bacon aside..
- Roast, grill, or saute chicken breasts until thermometer reaches 165° and juices run clear..
- Toss arugala, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions with the balsamic vinaigrette. Do not over dress salad or it will be soggy. Do not do ahead of time for same reason. Add a pinch of salt..
- If desired, rub baguette with a tiny bit of oil and grill very briefly. Or you can use a panini press or oven roast after sandwich is built, if desired..
- Spread mayo on bottom layer of bread to act as an absorber of liquid. Spread mustard on top, again not necessary..
- Slice breasts thinly against the grain and build your sandwich!.
- Variations; Roast the tomatoes, thyme, garlic confit, cheese, sourdough, foccacia, remoulade, aioli.
- Try adding a sauce or goat cheese!.