Ladybirds Pirri Pirri Chicken.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Pirri Pirri Chicken
- It’s 8 of red birds eye chilies.
- It’s 1/2 of red capsicum / bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil or peanut oil.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of a chicken.
Ladybirds Pirri Pirri Chicken step by step
- place all the above ingredients except the chicken into a food processor and blend until smooth . pour into a glass jar or jug and refrigerate until needed ..
- place chicken half in a large bowl and pour the prepared pirri pirri sauce over the chicken and roll the chicken to cover all in the sauce then turning back making sure the sauce get into every nook and crany , cover and refrigerate for couple hours ..
- preheat oven to 180°C . place prepared chicken into a greased baking tray , pouring remaining sauce over top , place chicken into the oven and bake for 25 minutes , turning once whilst baking tray, then turn the reduce the oven to 150°C and bake for a further 15-20 minutes until cooked ..
- once cooked remove from heat and let rest , covered , for 8-10 minutes . serve hot and enjoy . 🙂 ..
- NOTE : sauce is best made the day before to let flavours infuse together ..