Smothered Chicken breast with onions and mushrooms & provolone cheese. Set aside with the onion and the mushrooms. Coat a large nonstick frying pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Return the chicken breasts to the pan, pushing them down into the liquid.
Ingredients of Smothered Chicken breast with onions and mushrooms & provolone cheese
- Prepare of Marinade for chicken.
- You need 2/3 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 4 of -6 chicken breast.
- You need of smothered part of chicken.
- Prepare 4 slice of bacon.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 4 of -8 slices of provolone cheese (you could use whatever cheese you like).
Set aside with the onion and mushrooms. Coat a large nonstick frying pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Also, I add a few dashes of paprika, an ingredient found in other smothered chicken recipes and we love it. This skillet chicken and mushrooms is the absolute best cast iron whole chicken recipe you can find!
Smothered Chicken breast with onions and mushrooms & provolone cheese instructions
- Pound out chicken breast or slice in half lengthwise, just make sure they are all about the same thickness. Add chicken into marinade mixture and marinade for 30min-2 hours in fridge..
- Cook bacon in a large skillet til crispy, drain on paper towel and set aside. In the same skillet with the bacon grease add in the butter then add the onion and cook til carmelized. Remove from skillet and set aside. In same pan add mushrooms and cook til carmelized in color, remove and set aside. You will be layering these on the chicken..
- While you are doing step 2, in another skillet or grill pan cook chicken til no longer pink and is nice and brown..
- Preheat broiler, place chicken in a casserole dish and begin layering these starting with the bacon, then mushrooms, then onion. Put under broiler just until mushrooms and onions are heated back up then remove and add cheese on top, put back under broiler just til cheese has melted..
Smothered Skillet Chicken with Thyme Butter Mushrooms. Do you think this would turn out OK using chicken breasts? That's what is in the freezer and I don't have time today to get a whole. Smothered chicken and mushrooms transform sweet, slow-cooked onions, tender mushrooms and juicy (never dry) baked chicken into a one-pan I used bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts in this smothered chicken and mushrooms that look like they came off Godzilla. Cooked chicken breast with mushrooms and fried onions.