Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza. A classic Italian Caprese Salad recipe made with fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil, and a simple caprese dressing. I love this Caprese Salad because it can be served as a side dish or appetizer, it's. Caprese salad (Italian: insalata caprese or simply caprese; [kaˈpreːze]) is a simple Italian salad, made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sweet basil, seasoned with salt and olive oil.
Ingredients of Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza
- Prepare 4 of pita bread pockets.
- It’s 1 of Gilbert's caprese chicken sausage link.
- You need 1 of pesto spread.
- It’s 10 small of fresh mozzarella balls.
- Prepare 5 of grape tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of fresh basil.
- You need 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of balsamic vinaigrette (OPTIONAL).
Try this recipe and taste this special italian chocolate cake with strawberries, vanilla ice. My husband is Italian, and therefore likes all food that comes from "The Boot". This tomato, basil, and mozzarella Caprese salad is an easy summer favorite that he loves (and the kids do to!). Caprese was originally made with the Re Umberto or Fiascone tomatoes Also, contrary to popular practice, the authentic Caprese salad recipe doesn't call for balsamic or any other type of vinegar.
Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza step by step
- Take a cookie tray, and scatter kosher salt on the tray..
- Take each pita bread, and with a brush, spread the olive oil on both sides of the bread, leaving a nice layer without any puddles. Do this for each pizza..
- With a spoon, take the pesto and spread it on each of the pita breads creating a base layer..
- Take the chicken sausage link, and cut it into quarter-inch discs, enough to put 4-5 discs on each bread..
- Cut the grape tomatoes into quarters, and alternate the tomato quarters with the chicken sausage discs. The idea is to have it look like a star pattern..
- Take the mozzarella balls, and cut them each in half. Place about 5-6 halves on each pita bread; one on each sausage disc and one in the middle..
- Bake at 375°F for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted fully..
- When the pitas come out of the oven, top with freshly sliced basil. (Optional: add a small drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette on top).
- Serve hot, & enjoy!.
Italian Caprese salad is another one of my all time favorite recipes and one of my most requested. This salad evidently originated on the beautiful Island of Capri. How to Make this simple Italian favourite Caprese Salad using the freshest tomato, buffalo mozzarella & basil – hopefully picked straight from the garden. My Caprese Pasta Salad is simple and delicious, full of tender pasta, juicy tomatoes, chunks of fresh Mozzarella and a tangy Balsamic Vinaigrette. Insalata Caprese (known in the States as a Caprese Salad) is a traditional Italian appetizer.