Sherry chicken with pearl onions. Marinate chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I added pearl onions to the recipe. Don't omit the sherry, it really makes this dish.
Ingredients of Sherry chicken with pearl onions
- You need 6 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 5 of chicken tenderloins.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper, garlic powder season to taste.
- You need 350 grams of white pearl onions.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of sherry.
- It’s 1 cup of sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh chopped thyme.
Roasting chicken with tarragon is a classic combination, but here it's given a twist Instead of a whole bird, bone-in thighs are marinated in tarragon and garlic, then quickly roasted over a Drizzle onions with sherry vinegar and more salt and pepper if needed. Spoon onions around the chicken and serve. Pour in the sherry and sherry vinegar. Sheet-pan chicken gets a refreshing new twist with piles of fresh tarragon, roasted onions and bright sherry vinegar.
Sherry chicken with pearl onions step by step
- Marinate chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder..
- Heat half of oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until both sides are browned. Set chicken aside..
- Peal the onions. I also chopped them in half but I suppose that part is optional depending on what you prefer..
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan. Add onions..
- Cook onions until golden. Add sugar to caramelize them and cook them about 1-2 more minutes..
- Add sherry, sherry vinegar/balsamic vinegar , and thyme to pan. Stir, cover, and let it simmer on low heat about 15 minutes..
- Add the chicken to the pan and let it simmer another 10 minutes. Remove lid and let it simmer a couple more minutes. Serve hot..
- BONUS IDEAS: you can also just make the onions in sauce and serve with bread as an appetizer or drain the liquid and add the onions to green beans or other vegetables as a side. Both are delicious 😊.
Pour Riesling and chicken stock over onions and chicken. Add pearl onions, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, shaking skillet often, until mushrooms soften. View top rated Chicken pearl onions recipes with ratings and reviews. The Best Frozen Pearl Onions Recipes on Yummly